[Noisebridge-discuss] MonkeyBrains donates a new uplink to Noisebridge

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Nov 29 08:53:09 UTC 2009

jim wrote, On 20091128 205549:
>     my concern is that people might be secretive
> about taking actions in the name of or on behalf
> of noisebridge. before action is taken, issues
> should be made plain and open for discussion. i
> would like to know about risks of accepting a
> gift, if there are some.
>     that people are discrete about making plans is
> not of much interest to me.

One of the most lovely things about Noisebridge, I find, is being able
to do things discreetly, without inviting criticism or the input of
others. If I knew about everything going on, there wouldn't opportunity
to be surprised. Things would get boring rather quickly. If everyone
else had to know about everything I was doing, I wouldn't have time to
get things to a finishes state.

Be mindful of what you're actually asking for here.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net