[Noisebridge-discuss] Skateboarding solidarity and police abuse

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Oct 1 02:15:46 UTC 2009

Hi *,

I'm not sure how many Noisebridgers read metblogs but I found this post
today:
http://sf.metblogs.com/2009/09/30/cop-ill-break-your-arm-like-a-twig/

I'm not much of a Skateboarder these days, I'm mostly a fan of riding my
bicycle. But I am absolutely a fan of reasonable and equitable force.
The SFPD officer is seen threatening a person with physical violence
after asking them their opinion. It appears that he also confirms later
violence against the person for "resisting" their arrest.

If anyone knows people in internal affairs for the SFPD or journalists
that care about social justice - please consider passing this along!

Video camera ubiquity is a nice democratic force for changing power
structures and reprimanding abuse. This kind of stuff should not be
tolerated in a civil society.

Best,
Jake