[Noisebridge-discuss] deep crack announcement .. tax issue/

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Thu Oct 8 01:58:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Matt Peterson <matt at peterson.org> wrote:
> Totally agreed, this should be preserved and in a museum that has the
> staff, funding, knowledge to preserve.
>
> How about we broker a deal similar to the 'famous' Slashdot.org server
> donation, where (I beleive) we found a home for it while still retaining
> access?  Seems like maybe something like this could be done with the
> Computer History Museum - while still retaining one of Jake's proposed
> goals (porting similar software to open source).

I only have two handshake deals at the moment and nothing in writing.
Those two are plan B; right now plan A is to finish brokering a rather
complex deal with ISC to consolidate their charitable operational
infrastructure so the projects they support can share a cloud instead
of reinventing the wheel multiple times over.

One idea I had was to have a plaque or art piece which would red - oh
nevermind, someone will just graffiti it if I put it in 2169.

I also have one of the original Arrowpoints, and it would be nice if
someone came and took it during the next round of server unborking
next week.  I hear Martyn has a mate for it, so some enterprising
individual could totally set up a turn of the century web 1.0 cluster
and browse it with Mosaic or something.