[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control and the DJ booth

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Oct 1 00:38:56 UTC 2009

Jason Dusek wrote:
> Den 30.09.2009 kl. 12:39 skrev Sai Emrys <noisebridge at saizai.com>:
>> The attitude that everything that's in the space and not under
>> someone's immediate personal control is necessarily a donation seems
>> to me to be both hostile and illegal.
>
>    +1

We have always made a distinction between personal possession and
private property. Please do not twist this discussion to pretend that
Noisebridge is somehow acquiring things by force.

We're very flexible about the application of this general guideline.
Generally, when someone disagrees with the guideline, they have been
asked to simply their their private property home. It's not as if we
have a robot that takes your personal possessions if you do not guard them.

Please do not paint this as an issue of illegal theft or hostile intent
by the community. I believe this is a bad faith argument.

Best,
Jake