[Noisebridge-discuss] Gender & Technology followups from 5Mof

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Thu Oct 1 05:21:04 UTC 2009

Reminded me of this - just signing up for Walgreens pharmacy (to refill
prescriptions online). And binary gender is required. Why?
"Your gender is required in order to maintain complete and accurate
information for your pharmacy records."

That's a rather bullshit reason. (They didn't ask me my gender in person...
but then maybe they just go by the fact that I'm fairly obviously of the
male sex?)

Damnit May, now you've made it so I get pissed off at these more easily. :-P

- Sai