[Noisebridge-discuss] Eye-Fi Card Hacking

Jeff Tchang jeff.tchang at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:33:05 UTC 2009

A while back I hit a road block in trying to hack a wireless SD card
called the Eye-Fi. While I was able to write a server for the card
(http://returnbooleantrue.blogspot.com/2009/04/eye-fi-standalone-server-version-20.html)
I was never able to get the card to accept a firmware image. The
card's firmware is regularly updated but even trying to load the
original firmware fails.

I have more of a software background and wanted to see if anyone was
interested in trying to reverse engineer the firmware.

This is about all I could find as to what the card runs:
http://support.eye.fi/support-resources/downloads/open-source-distribution/ecos-open-source-license/

Not too familiar with the eCos operating system. My true goal would be
to get a hacked firmware image on the card so that a base card could
be upgraded to do whatever the heck we wanted.

-Jeff