[Noisebridge-discuss] Space cleaning, trash, recycling, e-waste

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Oct 2 11:38:27 UTC 2009

So today a bunch of awesome people came by and we cleaned the fuck out
of the space. Thanks to everyone that had a hand in it, I really
appreciate it.

Nils and I (mostly I) didn't make it to the dump in time. Nils was
willing to keep the trash in his car and dump it off in Berkeley
tomorrow morning. He has the city trash can and the shop can.

The e-waste folks never made it in tonight, I'll be poking them tomorrow
to find out what happened.

I've designated some areas in the elevator room, a parking spot for the
recycling, trash, and e-waste. Both the "city" bins for recycling and
trash should remain in the elevator room and not be brought into the
space. This'll keep us from wondering where the hell they are and also
keep any weird smells isolated to that room.

Today I bought 3 more short trash cans for the space. One I've marked
for recycling only, it is sitting in the kitchen with a 2nd for trash.
The third one is somewhere on the other side of the building near the
electronics lab. Again the idea is we use the cans in the space, once
they get full they're dumped into the street can sitting in the elevator
room.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net