[Noisebridge-discuss] Class ideas: Open Source and why it's good, & Computer security for non-security experts.

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Oct 9 23:00:21 UTC 2009

I am no experts on either subject but...

Is anyone interested in learning more about why a bunch of folks here at
Noisebridge feel that open source software is a good and positive thing?

Is anyone interested in learning what all this security nonsense is, how
to understand how someone can compromise your machine (and by you I mean
the average internet user and not someone as high profile, as let's say
Jake), and what simple steps you can take to beef up your security?

Is anyone interested in running either classes?

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net