[Noisebridge-discuss] Shorts / performances viewing night?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Oct 14 04:12:58 UTC 2009

Would anyone be interested in having a regular night (a la 5MoF)
specifically for the showing of film shorts (<20 min) or
similar-length performances or shows?

I have one I could contribute (not made by me, but I could get
permissions), which is a ?drama about conlanging (called just
"Conlang", by Marta Masferrer et al of Swandive Films). It's ultra
high quality - 1920x1080, 16m13s runtime.

A worse-quality practice exercise for it (which I also have in ultra
high quality, 4m49s runtime) is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFc3CvMMY48

(Disclaimer: I was involved only in an advisory role - my org (the
LCS) helped them get props, background info on the conlanging scene,
script corrections, etc. The main work was all independently theirs.)

It's need to be more item-limited than 5MoF, but could potentially get
a similar drawing power if we have enough people interested in
contributing regularly. And the larger format would allow some things
that don't really fit in a lightning talk, like music, comedy, demos,
films, etc.

The focus (as I see it) would be more on entertainment than on
education and showing off, but that's up to y'all to decide really.

I'd be willing to organize it or help to do so (or just hand it off to
someone like astetix, who's done a great job so far on 5MoFs); I'd
just like to know if y'all'd be interested.

So: if you have something that's <20 minutes ish, and entertaining for
a geeky/hacker crowd, email me offlist w/ what it is.

Thanks,
- Sai