[Noisebridge-discuss] Postmodernist support group / Gravity's Rainbow reading group tomorrow night

quinn quinn at quinnnorton.com
Thu Oct 15 23:40:25 UTC 2009

We're going to have a gravrain meetup at Noisebridge tomorrow evening at
7pm. (Yes, that's right, I've reduced one of the more important American
novels of the latter 20th century to an 8 letter hashtag.) Around 7:30 or 8
We'll generalize it into a discussion of out postmodern angst. The topic
will be how our meta recursive contemporary existence is imprisoned by a
surfeit of freedom, how hedonism has turned out kind of boring, and how
materialism makes you feel poor. Or, alternatively, I'll bring absinth and
we can talk about the sexual orientation of various authors and
intellectuals.

Let me repeat the important part: I'M BRINGING ABSINTH. And probably
chocolate. Because, you know, it's me.

Bring your brain, if you want to bring something else, that's cool too.