[Noisebridge-discuss] OMG Problems!

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Sun Oct 18 18:14:20 UTC 2009

Hi All,
We've just been through big changes, and we've been doing Amazing Stuff for
a couple of months now.  Much of what needed to be done is done; much of
what isn't done is of a specialized nature and/or is perceived to be Someone
Else's Problem; however, I think we're running into a point of diminishing
returns where we're finding new problems to solve and/or making small
problems more important in order to solve them with the Full Resources Of
The Group.

There are lots of things left to be done, if you're interested in doing
them.  These include:

* Finding a new cleaning person/service (make sure they specialize in
picking up beer bottles and half-eaten burritios, please!)
* Building and/or buying shelves for the Library (Jim and/or Lamont seem to
be taking the lead on this)
* Building and/or buying shelves for member crap
* Clearing out the middle classroom, so that it can be used as a classroom
(Probably dependent on getting shelves)
* Buying / acquiring a lot of containers/buckets/bins to go on member
shelves
* Building out the kitchen (Miloh can give you details on what needs to be
done)
* Electrical work still to be done (Jim can give you details on what needs
to be done)
* Unpopular people need to be hounded from the group and stoned to death in
the woods and/or fed to wolves
* A more permanent ladder needs to be constructed to replace the one being
used for access to the DJ Booth
* Storage & organization solutions need to be built in the shop (John
Magolske has the plan)

If you'd like to participate in any of the above, either talk to the person
I listed as having Taken The Lead, or talk to me, or simply go ahead and get
started!

Anybody have anything I missed?  Please remember to phrase things in the
form of Things That Need To Be Done rather than Problems That You Percieve.

Let's add stuff and/or discuss it until Tuesday morning, and then retire the
list to a wiki page which can be checked off.

--S
--
Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700