[Noisebridge-discuss] Thoughts on anonymity and trading.

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 01:36:27 UTC 2009

  A recent article in the Wall Street Journal discusses ways in
  which insider trading helps to correct market inaccuracies.

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704224004574489324091790350.html

  So, say we allow insider trading and it has this nice effect
  on the market, that broken companies are known to be broken
  right away. Won't insiders who trade be at substantial risk
  for punishment by their employers should they ever be
  discovered? Is strong anonymity a requirement for free markets
  where everyone -- not just those outside an institution -- are
  able to "trade their conscience"? What technical and
  administrative layers are required to support authentic yet
  anonymous trading?

  Maybe we can get away with not identifying a person as long as
  we identify a "trade" as such? Then the payment provider and
  the fulfiller can both communicate with the buyer/seller
  through their "trade" keys?

--
Jason Dusek