[Noisebridge-discuss] Dijkstra's "There is still a war going on"

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:34:44 UTC 2009

  I am a great fan of Dijkstra's writing. Something that
  recently showed up on Reddit:

    http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD11xx/EWD1165.html

  He makes such a strong case for the role of the technician,
  the scientist, as the creator of value that ultimately makes
  our modern world possible. Surely this is correct; but is he
  missing something? The dominance of the business/marketing
  side is undeniable; if technicians were really so powerful,
  would we not have managed to overcome our thralldom by now?

--
Jason Dusek