[Noisebridge-discuss] 7pm-late Tonite: LoveTech presents LearnTech at Il Pirata (Free Music/Tech/InteractiveArt Salon)‏

Rich Trapani sfroommate at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 27 10:53:00 UTC 2009

Hey there Noisebridgers,

Thought you'd be interested in joining us again this evening at Il Pirata:

LoveTech presents LearnTech

Live Electronic Music Technology & Interactive Art Salon

Tuesday Oct 27th
7-12am (likely later) at Il Pirata
2007 16th St (@ Utah St)
Free, Donations Appreciated

 The musicians, producers, artists, and innovators of LoveTech reveal
the technology behind the music and art in a community building,
engaging & discussion oriented music tech salon.
This is our 2nd LearnTech, and we are featuring more Interactive Art discussions than ever before!

Presentations:
7:00  Eric Bateman - ColorSynth - http://colorsynth.com/
7:40  Colin Gleason - The DigiSax - http://colingleason.com/
8:10 Tim Thompson - Monolith 2.0 - http://nosuch.com/
8:50 Devin Becker & Steen - Custom VJ Controllers - http://mediapathic.net/
9:30 Michael Broxton - PhosphorEssence - http://broxtronix.org/
10:10 Mary Franck - Aesthetics of Interaction w/ Digital Technology - http://artconception.blogspot.com/
10:50 Larry Sheradon - Generative 3D Art - http://lemonary.com/rivers/
11:30 StarPause - Piggy Tracker - http://mp3death.us/~k9d/
Moderated by Rich DDT

Interactive Artists displaying their work:
Daniela Steinsapir - Interactive Moon piece - http://www.danielast.com/
Steen Comer - Generative Visuals
Michael Ang - Water Light responsive to music
Curated by Jean Rintoul

Digital Jam Lounge by Rich DDT (open all night):
Bring your laptop, synth, or any electronic instrument, plug in and
play! A perfect environment to teach one another new music hardware and
software.
After the presentations we'll start up the interactive dance party powered by the Digital Jam Lounge! Feat. a DJ set by Rich DDT
RSVP to bring your instruments here:
http://bit.ly/417GXi
Hosted by Genji

Have dinner with us! Pizza and other Italian food served from 7-9pm

Education and interaction have been integral parts of LoveTech since
the beginning, with 1 hour workshops at the start of every event,
interactive multimedia art installations, and a Digital Jam Lounge for
trying out new audio (and visual) hardware and software and becoming a
part of the performance. LearnTech expands on this idea by having
engaging performers/presenters demonstrate their audio (or visual)
craft and explore the technology behind it in an engaging and
discussion friendly workshop, connecting the brilliant minds in our
hyper creative community in a stimulating and fun environment.

Join the LoveTech Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105912651809
RSVP to the Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=296302660482

Community Announcement - Related Event:
Wed Oct 28th 7-9pm
Overlap Salon & BArCMuT Present: Dia de los Maxos
Make your Music Tech Salon last 2 days back to back! Myself and the rest of the LoveTech crew will be there:
RSVP here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=153326764105

Hope to see you tonight!

Thanks,
Rich DDT