[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control and the DJ booth

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Oct 1 02:58:00 UTC 2009

Sai Emrys wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:
>> I believe in reasonable prevention to a point.
>
> What point? (Not meant sarcastically - I actually want to know where
> you draw the line. What are some examples of the most preventative
> things you think are reasonable? I presume that we have at least some
> common ground and I'd rather work from it if possible.)

Different cases per point and decided by the people as we're going
along. We cannot prepare for everything at the same time. I believe that
we have to be reasonable and measured in our planning as well as our

Lots of things are important and sometimes they fall by the wayside for
things that are more imperative.

>> This is one of the core tennants of the Hacker Spaces Pattern document. Have you
>> read it? If not, I really suggest it! It's not perfect but it addresses
>> this very specific issue.
>
> Which document? http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Design_Patterns ?

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahrplan/attachments/1003_Building%20a%20Hacker%20Space.pdf

Best,