[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control and the DJ booth

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Oct 1 08:30:00 UTC 2009

Jason Dusek wrote:
> Den 30.09.2009 kl. 20:00 skrev Sai Emrys <noisebridge at saizai.com>:
>> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net>
>> wrote:
>>> Different cases per point and decided by the people as we're going
>>> along. We cannot prepare for everything at the same time. I believe that
>>> we have to be reasonable and measured in our planning as well as our
>>>
>>> Lots of things are important and sometimes they fall by the wayside for
>>> things that are more imperative.
>>
>> Sorry, but that was a total punt.
>
>   +1

I don't think that what I said is a punt. The process that specified is
how we've handled many important issues in the last two years. We handle
these things as they come and sometimes we plan ahead for some very
obvious things.

Sometimes we can't know and it's cost prohibitive to deal with things in
advance. The mercury issue is a great example of our dynamic nature. We
could not have known that someone would bring mercury into the space and
we certainly would not have predicted it would spill. The response by
Jeffery and Jonathan was quick and fruitful; we were able to recover
quite gracefully from that issue.

Best,
Jake