[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus and the "old ways".

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Oct 1 23:00:23 UTC 2009

Leif Ryge wrote:
> There is an inherent conservative bias in consensus decision-making. If
> there is no consensus about how or if a thing needs to be changed, that
> thing should generally stay the way it is. This is a feature not a bug.
> ~leif

That's pretty much spot on. It encourages people to join the group who
like how we're already doing things. If this principle isn't fitting for
you, it's possibly a core value mismatch. We're not for everyone.

If you want to dump oil on beaches, you probably shouldn't join
Greenpeace. If you want to be an integrated part of Noisebridge, you'll
have to agree to our consensus process and the consensus decisions. It's
a big part of what has made this entire community possible.

Best,
Jake