[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus and the "old ways".

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Oct 1 23:20:46 UTC 2009

It sounds like you're saying that everyone needs to agree on the *need*
for a change in order for it to happen.  I don't think this is true.  I
think that if some people want change, and the rest are accepting of the
change, that is sufficient.  We may have this case going on now; people
who were not around for earlier consensus decisions are absolutely
welcome to reopen them and attempt to get a different consensus.  Our
social mores and defaults can and must change as the group grows and
changes.

Rachel