[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus and the "old ways".

David Kelso david at kelso.id.au
Fri Oct 2 20:18:55 UTC 2009

Generally I keep out of these discussions, due to the vigor with which
they are fought.
I would just like to add a +1 to Crutcher's statements, specifically:

> People don't always agree. Sometimes they stop fighting, if you yell at them
> enough. You haven't convinced them, you just beaten them down. I'd prefer a
> vote over the abuse. That's what I want changed.

I'm not much of a fighter. There is a reason I don't turn up for
meetings any more. This conversation itself is a proof of how hard it
is to suggest a change without a lot of resistance.

I would much prefer a voting system.