[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Consensus and the "old ways".

Michael Wright mike at smallip.com
Fri Oct 2 22:50:39 UTC 2009

This one's entirely dependent on the relationship between the people
involved, the severity of the criticism, and the publicness of the act
believed to warrant it.

In general I try not to say things in public that would embarrass
someone.  "Hey Shannon, your fly is down" for example, might best be
said discretely.

On the other hand, if I'm not willing to buy someone a beer or dinner,
I definitely don't have a relationship such that criticizing them in
private is appropriate.  In that case whatever it is had better reach
the bar of importance needed for it to be public.

mike