[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Consensus and the "old ways".

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 00:29:14 UTC 2009

---
Pigs can fly given sufficient thrust.
    - RFC 1925

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:

> What is wrong with a long thread?

Long threads don't get read as much.  I know I didn't read a lot of what was
said.  I prefer my words to matter more.

> Also, WTF "this thread is too long, I'm going to add to it".  (Note that
> a lot of people do this, not just Christie.)

Hm.  I suppose it's more regret.

> Christie, your points 1 & 2 I completely agree with.  Point 3, well, our
> 'ways' are not set in stone.  I hope you aren't saying, 'our way or the
> highway' to choose a completely inflammatory phrase.

Heh.  Taking lessons?
No, I'm saying that each space has it's own flavor.  Like attracts like.  I
seriously hope everyone can find a happy hacker home they're comfortable
with.  And changing things disrupts balances and so forth.  If people are
unhappy, there are a number of options.  I know I personally really like the
way things are and would strongly resist change.

I also haven't heard anything here that would convince me that we're doing
anything wrong.  Just hypotheticals that could never happen for reasons not
discussed.

And with that I'm heading out the door.  Have a good weekend!
Christie