[Noisebridge-discuss] Arabic language group?

Evan Martin martine at danga.com
Tue Oct 6 05:06:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Michael Shiloh
<michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, does anyone at NB speak Arabic well enough to lead some sort of a
> language group? I'd love to improve mine, but I'm not nearly good enough
> to lead it.
>
> I'd welcome any form: conversational, grammar, using a basic textbook,
> learning to read the Koran. I have a number of books and many cassettes
> which I'd be happy to share.

I am interested.  For years I've studied off and on and made little
progress.  I am reluctant to do anything other than reading without a
native speaker's assistance to prevent studying mistakes.

I have casually looked a number of times into finding a lower-level
book to read but I haven't had much success, though do I have a
simplified bilingual version of Robinson Crusoe ("روبنسون كروز") that
I've never made it through more than a few pages of.