[Noisebridge-discuss] Anti-Wi-Fi paint

krux at thcnet.net krux at thcnet.net
Tue Oct 6 20:37:56 UTC 2009

> Yeah,
>
> This smells like a hoax.
>
> I'd love to see someone put a nice plastic container of that paint into the
> microwave to see what happens. :)
>
> If people are really concerned with wifi blocking, just install chicken wire
> fencing around the place.. (lath plaster walls in SF make REALLY good faraday
> cages.)

There was a paint a few years back that essentially had bits of metal embeded
in it, that blocked wireless.  A single coat blocked higher frequencies, and
then to block something like 2.4GHz it took several coats.  I remember it
wasn't very cheap.

http://emsectechnologies.com/press_releases/press1.php

perl -e 's++=END;++y(;-P)}\n?k++=;<+xru}?print:??;'