[Noisebridge-discuss] deep crack announcement .. tax issue/

Michael Wright mike at smallip.com
Wed Oct 7 18:12:03 UTC 2009

I'm a bit more worried about:

US citizen use only.

How much more than a "US Citizen use Only" placard would we need to
do, and how does that fit with our ethos of open access?

Is this unit considered "ITAR" "International Trade in Arms Regulation"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Traffic_in_Arms_Regulations

If it's not ITAR then I'm all for it, even if we only power it up once
a year.  If it is ITAR then I think we should let someone willing to
have locked doors and logged access control have it.  Violating ITAR
means heavy fines and possible jail.

mike