[Noisebridge-discuss] deep crack announcement .. tax issue/

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Oct 8 00:25:23 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Crutcher Dunnavant's message of Wed Oct 07 17:18:10 -0700 2009:
> I specifically asked about redirecting it to the Computer History Museum
> during the meeting. There was no response then, but I still think its a good
> idea.
> More to the point ... the idea is to place 6 racks worth of computer that we
> can't afford to run, that we can't repair, and that we must maintain access
> control too, in Noisebridge?

I think this would be cool as a temporary installation for people to get
a chance to non-destructively examine the hardware and try out operating
it.

Does anyone know of a place that we might be able to see some hard
numbers on the power consumption? Perhaps interested operators could pay
for their time?

Also, I think 6 "cabinets" might be a more appropriate word. The word
"rack" seems to conjure up an image of a 42-U, 6+ foot frame in most
people's minds.
Images of the actual hardware is here:
http://www.cryptography.com/resources/whitepapers/DES-photos.html

--j