[Noisebridge-discuss] Looking for Gigapan

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Thu Oct 8 01:35:39 UTC 2009

Hey Don,

Is that the device that requires the user to have a PocketPC?

As for gigapan, I've not personally used one, but a friend of mine
does quite regularly. He had problems with the gigapan in sub freezing
temperatures and had to make an insulator for it. (The gearing got
gummy and he could hear the cogs grind) From that knowledge, I would
probably recommend Don's mount over the Gigapan for any temperature
critical areas. (Joshua Tree gets COLD at night I hear) :)

On a side note, the guy who does the Gigapan was absolutely NO help to
my friend. So I tend to avoid them. JMHO.

/Mark/