[Noisebridge-discuss] Deep Crack

jim jim at well.com
Thu Oct 8 07:24:42 UTC 2009

........................(note to sai re reply form: "like this?")

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 23:57 -0700, Praveen Sinha wrote:

> Not that I have anything against the DES machine being at the space,
> however I would have liked the fridge to be at the space as well...

   we could have screwed up in the past. the big-picture
point is not to take past decisions as legal precedence.

   you want "the" or "a" refrig? go for it. issues are
electrical costs, space, and noise, and maybe some kind
of rat-attraction issue. make it a project, announce it,
if somebody hates it, work it out with them.
   expect that if it sits around all stinky and noisy,
people might insist you fix it or remove it or something.
   likely no one will care, as long as it's not an
obvious nuisance.

   another big-picture point: for things that are big
and bulky or noisy or suck e-juice or whatever, those
who bring them in ought to take the responsibility for
removing them if they can't persuade the community to
accept them (and the community ought to give each other
the chance to try things out and see before challenging
and sending email and such, i.e. take it easy and try
to accept things, at least at first).
   probably good to let us all know what we plan to do
in advance of doing, as a matter of being considerate
and/or excellent.