[Noisebridge-discuss] Deep Crack

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Thu Oct 8 10:31:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Ceren Ercen <ceren at magnesium.net> wrote:
> - Insurance won't "let" us, can we fix that?

FWIW: One of the justifications given by Jake of not having loans in
the space was that the insurance only covers NB property, not member
property.

This seems like an empirical question. How much would it cost to cover
member property?

(This isn't intended to dismiss Jake's and others' other reasons, of
course. But it's one of the few ones that are empirical, at least. And
covering others' stuff would be useful in case e.g. a laptop is broken
or stolen. [one hopes this never happens, but that's why it's
insurance])

Also FWIW re loan vs donation - AIUI Jake said at the meeting that it
was an offered *donation* to NB. At least, that's what I thought I
heard him say...

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 7:24 AM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:
> ........................(note to sai re reply form: "like this?")

Yep. Much more readable, thanks!

(BTW, adding a linebreak between your paragraphs would also help.)

Incidentally - is the crypto-restriction law really still in force?
ISTR that something of this sort got rescinded not too long ago, but I
don't know any details.

- Sai