[Noisebridge-discuss] Shop Class (was We got that goddamned mill to work)

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Thu Oct 8 16:54:06 UTC 2009

* Zedd Epstein <zedd.00 at gmail.com> [091008 09:34]:
> I have a couple of projects related to the build that might be good
> for the shop class, and that we have the tools for:
>
> We need at least 2 pulpit/lectern built that can hold the touch
> panels, and not have horizontal surfaces on them. We need 2 or 3
> boxes that hold a touch panel and a laptop. These can either be
> floor standing, or wall mounted. Since cabinets for the kitchen
> haven't magically appeared, how would people feel about custom
> building them?

Sounds great, we could start by making some sketchs & detail drawings.
One thing I'd like to occur in the shop class is for folks to learn
the basics of how to create, read & build stuff from dimensioned
detail drawings. I'm thinking simple for starters -- pencil & paper
is fine for basic projects, and the conventions learned are directly
applicable to CAD.

John

--
John Magolske