[Noisebridge-discuss] deep crack announcement .. tax issue/

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Oct 8 21:49:09 UTC 2009

Tom Longson (nym) wrote:
> I am not a foreigner, but both my parents are resident aliens, and I have a
> friend who is unable to come to the United States, despite putting a lot of
> money into applying for a Visa (non refundable by the way if they deny you),
> so I do understand why non-citizens who want to remain in the United States
> may just be wary of visiting NB. NB should be as open to foreigners as
> citizens, right?

I am very happy to have foreigners at Noisebridge. I do not believe that
this reduces anyones ability to visit Noisebridge. I believe that such
people probably shouldn't run the machine to recover a DES key.

> I understand about the basement bit, but you might want to bring it up with
> John nevertheless.

"Hey John, you know that really awesome offer you made? Do you think we
could impose on you a little more?"

Nah, I don't think I will ever ask John about having a tour of
Noisebridge people visiting his basement. I do not feel comfortable with
that and I feel like it would be very rude. Talk about looking a gift
horse in the mouth. :-(

Best,
Jake