[Noisebridge-discuss] Open iPhone Hardware Hacking?

dpc weasel at meer.net
Mon Oct 12 16:13:51 UTC 2009

Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone has had any experience interfacing hardware
> with the iphone.

the day job did a while back (slightly before the new 'open-ness') and
although we were contractors to someone who had already gone through the
hoops our application was nix-ed (there was some under-the-table
spec-passing as well as googling for pinouts/etc).

'easiest' may be to start w/ something like

  http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8295
  http://pinouts.ru/Devices/ipod_pinout.shtml

to prototype and apply in parallel.

\p

---
Believe, if thou wilt, that mountains change their place, but believe
not that man changes his nature. - Mohammed