[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge ride?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Oct 13 00:40:41 UTC 2009

Just note that I'm on the American Red Cross Disaster Action Team and we
received a weather warning advisory. We don't see those that often.. It may
be a bit nastier than normal... Obviously, this is only relevant to those
who are wishing to go in the next few days....
*ARCBA—San Francisco: Situation Report*
October Storm Update #1
Issued:  10/12/2009     13:30
Prepared by: [snip]

   - *Remnants from typhoon Melor* expected to hit area overnight
   Monday-Tuesday; *wind speeds* 25-40 mph, with gusts 60-70 mph possible.
   Winds are expected throughout day on Tuesday, tapering off by midnight on
   Tuesday
   - *High wind warning in effect*, which means a hazardous wind event is
   expected. Winds of this magnitude can easily topple trees and power lines,
   disrupting power. Drivers of high-profile vehicles (e.g., ERV, Bay
   Responder, and shelter trailer) could encounter difficult driving
   conditions.
   - *Rainfall: *light rain is expected to begin today (Monday) and increase
   overnight. Rainfall amounts could reach 1-3 inches along the coast, and in
   the hills could reach 3-6 inches
   - The *REOC* (State of California's Regional Emergency Operations Center)
   is activated. *SF EOC* (Emergency Operations Center) is not activated,
   but is prepared to activate if needed.

Cheers,

Glen