[Noisebridge-discuss] Two factor auth, not SecureID

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Thu Oct 15 23:48:46 UTC 2009

I ran into an interesting quasi-open source option called Yubico <http://yubico.com/
 >.  From what I gather, this small USB device shows up as a HID
keyboard and upon pressing a button, auto-types in a OTP AES key and a
carriage return </highly simplified description>.  It's a very
interesting setup for small installations - I especially like the lack
of drivers, though not ready for prime-time for enterprise
environments without LDAP support (pushing out config files of every
username & key id to all my hosts is a bit hackish).

Barada looks neat - with limited client support it's not useful for my
audience (I can't dictate an employee base of personal cell phone
choices), but I'll keep it on the horizon.  Client support on the
iPhone & Symbian would help greatly.

--Matt