[Noisebridge-discuss] Embedding ogg audio into a web page?

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Sat Oct 17 00:21:54 UTC 2009

Tom Longson (nym) wrote:
> I recommend either a) supporting just a flash player since all web
> browsers like Flash (except for the .001% who think lynx is the best way
> to surf the web).

You're breaking the web. Stop that. Flash is software monoculture; it is
the only piece of software who's bugs affect "everyone". Except it isn't
really everyone; it is actually a lot more than 0.001% of people who can
not run flash because Adobe doesn't support their platform. The web is a
wonderful cross platform open thing and by repeating this nonsense about
flash having 99.999% penetration you contribute to proliferation of suck
and you should stop. Web browsers don't "support" flash, it is the other
way around. There are tons of places where you can run Firefox but can't
run flash. This rant brought to you by PowerPC, x86_64, MIPS, and ARM :(
~leif
ps. Yes I know there is flash on Linux x86_64 now, and some ARM Linuxes.