[Noisebridge-discuss] Embedding ogg audio into a web page?

Tom Longson (nym) tomlong at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 00:40:02 UTC 2009

In the serious world of web development you look at your audience, and
figure out how to best serve them. Sometimes that means doing stupid things
like zoom:1 to make sure Internet Explorer 6 doesn't play peakaboo with your
HTML. Sometimes that means using flash because it is used by most everyone
and for whatever reason is widely adopted.

In all cases, you should attempt to degrade gracefully. We can all bitch
about the few who get the short end of the stick, but when you're trying to
reach an audience, someone almost always is going to get the short end of
the stick if you want to do something more rich and dynamic than plain text.

Cheers,
Tom Longson (nym)
http://tomlongson.com