[Noisebridge-discuss] High-speed WISP from monkeybrains.net?

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Tue Oct 20 17:50:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Joel Jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:
> 30 foot free space in the fresnel zone zone at .8 miles. not that hard...
>
> At first cut, a symmetric set of nanostation5s set to 100mW tx (which is
> cranking it down quite a bit) would have a link budget of 22dB or so
> which is plenty.
>
> it's down to what's on their tower really.

The pair of 24 dBi parabolics I brought in are suitable for outdoor
use and should work fine with a pair of Soekris devices with the right
adapters.

If we did this and used the monkeybrains link as a backup, wouldn't
that put us in the position of getting free bandwidth on our main
circuit and paying for our backup?