[Noisebridge-discuss] Gender & Technology followups from 5Mof

maymay bitetheappleback at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:54:45 UTC 2009

On Oct 21, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Jason Dusek wrote:

> 2009/10/21 Miah Johnson <miah at chia-pet.org>:
>> I am a big fan of gender neutral: "(blank): they, their, them"
>
>  I am also a fan of "they, their, them"; apparently, that usage
>  goes back to Shakespeare.
>
> --
> Jason Dusek

+2!

That was exactly what I was going to add.

These gender-neutral pronouns make perfect sense as defaults. They
even make good sense in verbal defaults. I.e., you can replace "that
guy" with "them" and you're both gender-agnostic and accurate.

Cheers,
-maymay
Blog: http://maybemaimed.com
Talk show: http://KinkOnTap.com