[Noisebridge-discuss] Hosting a sexuality unconference at Noisebridge? KinkForAll San Francisco wants to make some Noise. :)

maymay bitetheappleback at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 21:26:21 UTC 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 2:14 PM, aestetix aestetix wrote:

> Maymay,
>
> I'd be very happy to help support this. I do think we should make an
> effort to help Noisebridgers understand more of what it's about
> (there's a fantastic FAQ up on the website), and we need to make
> sure it can coexist with other activities which might be going on.

Certainly. Sometimes people leap to conclusions when they hear the
word "sexuality" (or related concepts) in a sentence. Misunderstanding
the motivations for, intentions of, or activities that occur at
KinkForAll are not uncommon, despite the best efforts of dozens in our
community to provide accurate and detailed information. I would
strongly urge anyone with a concern and/or interest to, as you point
out, read the FAQ. Again, that page is here:

http://wiki.kinkforall.org/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

There's also a ton of additional information on the wiki. In
particular, read through any or all of the following pages:

* KinkForAll in 10 seconds or less:
http://wiki.kinkforall.org/KinkForAll

* What To Expect:
http://wiki.kinkforall.org/WhatToExpect

* How To Participate:
http://wiki.kinkforall.org/HowToParticipate

* The Rules of KinkForAll:
http://wiki.kinkforall.org/TheRulesOfKinkForAll

and many more pages….

> Let's discuss some of those details offlist, but it sounds like this
> could be a fantastic opportunity.
>
> aestetix

Happy to! I'll send you an off-list email now.

Cheers,
-maymay
Blog: http://maybemaimed.com
Talk show: http://KinkOnTap.com