[Noisebridge-discuss] Hosting a sexuality unconference at Noisebridge? KinkForAll San Francisco wants to make some Noise. :)

maymay bitetheappleback at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 22:24:45 UTC 2009

On Oct 25, 2009, at 2:53 PM, Jesse Zbikowski wrote:

> I would just like to point out the obvious, which is that San
> Francisco already has any number of spaces dedicated to kinky sex, and
> only one dedicated to hacking.  Of course, all spaces evolve over
> time, and perhaps the membership would just like to watch women shoot
> ping pong balls out of their vaginas.

I'm personally really not interested in seeing women's vaginas at
KinkForAll unconferences. That's why I'm so glad that KinkForAll
events expressly disallow explicit sexual activity in an attempt to
focus on cerebral and intellectual exchanges of ideas, not
eroticization nor physical sensationalism.

You might consider reading more about what KinkForAll is. To be clear,
KinkForAll is not a place where kinky sex occurs because, as you
rightfully point out, there are already plenty of venues for that. We
don't need, nor does KinkForAll attempt to be, yet another one of those.

I would encourage you to read our Frequently Asked Questions, in
particular this one:

http://kinkforall.pbworks.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#WillsexbeallowedatKinkForAllevents

If there are any other questions or concerns, I'm happy to address
them. :)

Cheers,
-maymay
Blog: http://maybemaimed.com