[Noisebridge-discuss] Sex Unconference

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Mon Oct 26 20:30:31 UTC 2009

Your proposal is acknowledged, and in my case, disregarded.

it is a sign of respect that you take the time to understand a group before
attempting to control it.  The wiki, the archived mailing list, irc, talking
with people at the space itself -- these are all excellent and particularly
obvious examples on accomplishing this, and learning that the people who
make up this group are open-minded and sex positive.  I realise this is
surprising and out of the norm from what would expect to find in this city,
but that's no excuse to not do basic acclamating prior to offending the
views of others or attempting to shame, control or otherwise influence our
processes.

I propose you realise that noisebridge is welcoming, and open.  But we as a
group are not trying to hold everyone's hand as they are exposed to things
that make them feel uncomfortable.

You're of course free to make your proposals, as I am to wholly ignore them.

Jeffrey

On 26 Oct 2009 13:19, "Jason Dusek" <jason.dusek at gmail.com> wrote:

2009/10/26 alexhandy <alexhandy at gmail.com>:

> I propose that people who have just discovered Noisebridge for
> the first time perhaps spend their days observing...

 I propose that people who've been at Noisebridge awhile and
 have seen this a few times learn to accept the inevitable
 stumbling of new people.

--
Jason Dusek