[Noisebridge-discuss] CQ DE KJ6ANM

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Oct 26 21:10:09 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Al Billings's message of Mon Oct 26 11:51:06 -0700 2009:
> Thanks. I'm not worried about passing the exam as much as the ideal
> ways to use said passing once I have done so. Guides for what people
> are doing that is interesting, etc.

There are many modes, contests, and operating events one can take part
in.

I've RSS subscribed to some amateur radio blogs and the ARRL's news
items.

There's a good periodical called QST that's also put out by the ARRL
that lists operating activities.

>   Personally, I'm planning on working on my morse code just because
> morse is cool.

It definitely is. The spectral density is much higher compared to most
other modes, making it ideal for low power and/or operation in
conditions of poor signal propogation.

--j