[Noisebridge-discuss] I am working through "The Implementation of Functional Programming Languages"

dpc weasel at meer.net
Tue Oct 27 21:40:53 UTC 2009

Crutcher Dunnavant <crutcher at gmail.com> writes:

> Really? Is there a straight-forward way to compile Scheme down to run
> on System F and/or the G Machine? Both systems are based on lazy graph
> reduction, and assume immutability of data.

i'm thinking more of managing environments/closure-ish things. there are
a bunch of issues in functional languages that are different than when
compiling algol-ish things. i've tended to merge these (regardless of
language) unecessarily.

\p
---
Lord, give us the wisdom to utter words that are gentle and tender, for
tomorrow we may have to eat them. - Sen. Morris Udall