[Noisebridge-discuss] I am working through "The Implementation of Functional Programming Languages"

dpc weasel at meer.net
Tue Oct 27 23:30:28 UTC 2009

Crutcher Dunnavant <crutcher at gmail.com> writes:

> I tend to look rather askance at meta-programming; and to much prefer
> layered language transforms.

i'm not sure how we got to meta-programming from what i was mumbling
about for implemeting the abstract machine?

w/ your layered approach (if i understand) you're targetting the 'next'
abstract machine. that's fine. i'm just saying that this target is still
part of the implementation (regardless of whether it is through
self-interpretation or on the raw hw).

\p
---
To be ignorant of what happened before you were born is to be ever a
child. For what is man's lifetime unless the memory of past events is
woven with those of earlier times? - Cicero