[Noisebridge-discuss] For informational purposes.... Re: Be Excellent to one another

Quinn Norton quinn at quinnnorton.com
Wed Oct 28 21:37:53 UTC 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 11:52 AM, erik swedberg wrote:

> i wasn't at the meeting.
>
> was it a consensus that there is a moratorium on smoking tobacco on
> the fire escape?
>
> seems like separate issues.

We have found now that the wind blows anything on the fire escape into
the rest of the space. It's just a badly placed accident of physics
and facing the pacific- any smoke from that point seems to defuse
evenly and absolutely throughout the space. No consensus, but for
anyone who doesn't want to smell anything (regardless of legal or
allergic status) that someone else is smoking, the fire escape turns
out to be a pretty unfortunate place to smoke it. Afaik, no one has
actually put up a stink (har har) about either wanting to smoke or
wanting someone else to not smoke in the space itself. My sense from
the meeting last night was that a sign would serve the purpose of
letting people that don't realize the fire escape doesn't actually
prevent smoke from getting in the space know that fact. Nobody seemed
to think a consensus was needed.

Opinion bit: Not really, from what I can see, worth the day's energy.