[Noisebridge-discuss] do you guys want a uservoice account?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Oct 29 00:55:17 UTC 2009

Ian wrote, On 20091028 174439:
> i would say an application designed to do this is better than a
> mailing list because important information is quantified. if i start a
> "lets have a weekly pinata" thread, after n email messages, its hard
> to see who is for and against the idea. also, people dont normally
> respond to threads just to say they want it or dont want it. the
> barrier of participation is much higher. you are cutting a lot of
> people out.

I'd disagree, there's a thread right now happening where people are
discussing their wants and not wants as far as behavior at the space goes.

I do not understand how we "are cutting people out"? You read the list,
you see something you want to promote, discuss, or bad mouth, you do it.
You are not required to register on the list to post something to it,
not are you required to register to read it.

> at the end of the day, its just a voting site to see what people want.

Is there a way a user can get a copy of all data related to an account
and or "group" for use elsewhere? Who owns the rights of user submitted
content on the site?

You're welcome to do as you please as all members are part of the
governing force here. I'm just letting you know that your logic hasn't
convinced me that using a 3rd party service to reinvent what we're
already doing on our very open ended mailing list is a good idea.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net