[Noisebridge-discuss] Be Excellent to one another

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Thu Oct 29 06:17:22 UTC 2009

Dear Fellow Noisebridgers,

It appears that the group as a whole doesn't seem to "get" the concept
of "Be Excellent To One Another". If people were truly getting it, we
wouldn't be getting to this point...

  We as a group need to be better at trying to put ourselves in others
shoes when it comes to difficult, often very personal issues. Nobody
in our group should be made to feel as an outcast, or freak.  I'm not
saying that we need to censor anything, I'm saying that if you are
commenting in a public forum where basic speech intricacies like
inflection don't exist, understand that your intent might be
misunderstood.

I think that we are all sensitive to something, be it transgendered
issues, race, religion, weight, being nerdy, sexual orientation..
whatever. People really need to be getting along, being respectful of
others, and genuinely trying to be part of something truly awesome.

If an email comes through the list that you find particularly
offensive, it might be wise to either privately let someone know or
use your "d" key / killfile.

Noisebridge is an awesome place, it is an awesome group, and something
I personally am very proud to be a part of. I'd really like to keep it
that way. Please, lets all try to "Be Excellent To One Another".

*gets off the soap box and back to one of too many projects*

/Mark