[Noisebridge-discuss] Be Excellent to one another

Autumn Tyr-Salvia tyrsalvia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:54:37 UTC 2009

Look what you fuckers did - you made me actually post to this mailing list.

One of the things I love about Nosiebridge is how inclusive it is.
I've been online since the mid-90s, and I've spent time in all kinds
of spaces primarily populated by internet folks. Very few of them have
been as open and accepting of gender and sexual fluidity as
Noisebridge, and I am deeply disappointed to find that someone's
simple statement of "that hurt" was not met with more compassion. As a
genderqueer pansexual female, I have felt very at home at NB - and I
am adamant that people of all genders and orientations feel welcome
and safe to express themselves.

I want to publicly support Miah's right to self define, and to request
a simple apology when hurt.

Miah - I urge you to reconsider leaving Noisebridge. This mailing list
is often full of far more trolls and drama than meatspace NB. I
suspect you'd feel perfectly happy and welcome and supported if you
enjoy hanging out at NB in person.

--Autumn Tyr-Salvia (Atala)