[Noisebridge-discuss] ASL: music interpretation?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Sep 9 02:51:10 UTC 2009

One suggestion raised at the last ASL meet was for us to try
interpreting a song in ASL.

If you're interested in doing so, I'm happy to help. What you'll want
is a song that is:
a) not very repetitive lyrically (eg long choruses get boring)
b) not too fast (maybe you'll try rap *next* time...)
c) no long instrumentals
d) based more on strong story than English lyricism ('cause all that
gets lost in translation)

Musicals might do well; I've been wanting to do a 'terp of some of
Avenue Q at some point. But, whatever y'all want.

A few pointers for ideas below.

To those who didn't come last time: come by tomorrow eve, learn to
talk without your voice. Ask those who came last time how it went.

Bonus offer repeated: cookies for all who participate. (Offer good
while supplies last.)

- Sai

Funny -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2nX41KvnNY