[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Dojo / NB reciprocal membership WAS: Hacker Dojo up and running, and in the mainstream news

deleTed arbzed at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:38:24 UTC 2009

I am interested in taking up the cause and pursuing some kind of joint
or reciprocal membership benefits arrangement between NB and the
Hacker Dojo.  I'm on friendly terms with some of the Dojo cats, and
I've raised the issue with them a couple of times before.  They seem
generally amenable to it.

I'm motivated to do this because Hacker Dojo is a short ride from my
work, Noisebridge is a short ride from my home.  I could see myself
participating in both communities, but paying to support two
hackspaces simultaneously would exceed my budget.  I imagine there are
other commuters in a similar situation.

Part of the HackerDojo's model is that they're planning on charging a
day-use fee for non-members who want to hang out at the space
(although they have yet start doing that).  It would be swell if we
could get the day-use fee waived for Noisebridge members.

I'm stuck on what I can bring to the bargaining table, though... What
can NB can offer Dojo members, other than goodwill, given that pretty
much all of NB's resources are open to the general public?

Any thoughts?

dlt.