[Noisebridge-discuss] Flickr <-> Burning Man Visualization Contest

Tom Longson (nym) tomlong at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 00:05:03 UTC 2009

YOU TOO CAN BE A WINNAH

DEAR NOSEBRIDGE:

Today I decided to launch a public contest for the coolest Flickr +
Burning Man API visualization. I'm laying out $210 of my own hard
earned dollars instead of buying 52 and a half bottles of club mate to
encourage hackers to hack out visualizations of the machine-tagged
photos on Flickr ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/burningman:* )
combined with the Burning Man APIs (
http://earth.burningman.com/api/docs/ ) to create something really
cool to show off the wonderful artwork at Burning Man with the powah
of the keyboard (and maybe some club mate).

I'll submit all the visualizations to our group and take a vote on the
best one. Submissions due by Monday Sept 14th at 11:59 PM PST. We'll
have a decision by Tuesday Sept 15th by 11:49 PM PST. Visualization
must make use of both Flickr and Burning Man APIs in order to be
considered and be released in some kind of open source license to
allow others to see what how you did what you did.

Cheers,
Tom Longson (nym)